Thursday, September 11, 2014

Feature: Tyffani Clark Kemp author of Conquered





Title- Conquered 
Series- LeKrista Scott, Vampire Hunted Series # 3 
By- Tyffani Clark Kemp 
Publication Date- August 15th, 2014 

Blurb

LeKrista never thought Roman would kidnap her, but it seems there's no depth to which he 
won't stoop. She's stuck in a fortress in the middle of only God knows where with no way to 
contact her family or her new fiance and let them know she's alright. 
  
To add insult to injury, Roman has brought her arch nemesis to keep her company. Forced to 
make friends with Eddy, the man who has made her life miserable for years, she bides her 
time until a rescue can be arranged. 
  
But unrealized feelings for her vampire captor make things complicated. Or perhaps it's 
Stockholm Syndrome. She can't really be sure. 
  
Just to make matters worse, the vampires are ready to go through with their plan to rule the 
world with an iron fang, and once again, she's caught in the middle of the war for power. The 
truth of her involvement is becoming clear, but she may lose more than her freedom in her 
quest to stop the the powerful undead on her own. 

Kindle- 
p  
Nook- 
0278  


Interview


What inspired you to write this book?

Conquered is my baby. I think the relationship between my heroine and her “pet” vampire inspired it, since that’s what I play with a lot in this book.


Can you give us an interesting fact about your book that isn't in the blurb?

That’s a good question! The character for LeKrista’s fiance, Pierce, is based off of my own fiance. There’s a part in the book where LeKrista says something about Pierce that I used in the dedication to my fiance at the beginning. =)


How did you choose your title?

A friend helped me choose it. I needed something that ended in -ed that went with Scorned and Hunted. She suggested Conquered and it worked.


Tell us about the cover and how it came to be.

Oh, I’m in love with my cover! The designer for book one wasn’t available to do books two and three so my good friend, author, and designer J.A. Howell at Howlz Designs put it together for me. It turned out great!


Did you self­ publish or publish traditionally and why?

I self pub because it eliminates the middle men. However, I am trying to find the right project to break into traditional publishing.


What do you consider the most important part of a good story?

Character development and character chemistry.


What is your writing process?

Sit down and do it. =) I just love to do it. I don’t know that I have any real “process” to speak of. It’s just something that comes easily and naturally to me. Most days. Everyone has their off days.


How long have you been writing?

Since I was eleven. At the time of this, I am twenty-seven. Jeebus...am I really that old? Holy mother...


How did you get started writing?

I wanted to marry Ryan Gosling. lol


Are you a plotter or a pantser?

Pantser. I find if I plot too much then I lose interest.


What part of the writing process is the hardest for you?

Editing. I’d rather just write.


What tips can you give on how to get through writers block?

Get up and go do something else. Fold laundry, shave a cat, take a drive. Just do something to get out of your head. You are your own worst enemy. Don’t force it if it’s not ready.


What kind of music do you like to listen to while you write?

I don’t. It’s too distracting for me. But the few times that I do, it’s usually whatever music reminds me of the story.


Who is your favorite author?

Of all time? I don’t know. I’m going to say Kathy Tyers. I was reading her books when I finished my first novel. I say finished because I’d started sooo many and this was the first one I ever finished. Reading her books pushed me to finish. So many times I was reading and I thought,” I can do this. I can write like this.” She’s one of my heros. I should tell her that one day.


Who is your favorite character from a book?

Oh this is the worst question ever! I have no idea how to answer! Let’s just say Roman, my vampire. I love him. lol


What is your favorite book?

The Princess by Lori Wick. Followed closely by The Phantom of the Opera.


Read anything good lately?

I’m working my way through the Rot and Ruin series by Jonathan Maberry. Good books if you love zombies and YA. Good books if you don’t fancy zombies or YA. They are deep. The tag line for the first book says, “This book is full of heart. They just don’t beat anymore.” It’s more about growing up in a world where there are zombies. I’m an instant fan. Go on Goodreads and read my review of book one. I really recommend these books.


What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Read. Watch anime. Draw anime. I just started teaching myself. I really love it.


What advice would you give an author just starting out?

Don’t give up. Don’t listen when they say “You can’t…” Don’t edit until you have a finished story.


Have you had anything else published?

I have 11 books out there in the world right now. September will make 12. =) It’s a good number I think.


What's your next project?

I’m finishing up my erotic romance series. The final book comes out September 11. The Power Couple. After that, I have an erotic menage series I’m working on and I want to get books four and five in my Vampire Hunted series written. Maybe out next year as well. I’m hoping for good things next year. =)




About the Author

Tyffani Clark Kemp has been writing since she discovered in the sixth grade that it wasn't 
enough just to read about fantastic places, but she could create her own. She weaves small 
bits of herself into everything she writes whether it be a science fiction piece about aliens or a 
dramatic romance fraught with conflict and love. In September 2012 Tyffani and a friend 
started SideStreet Publishing LLC. She lives in South Carolina with her family and her fluffy 
shii tzu-mix dog who thinks he's a Saint Bernard. 


Series Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/vampirehunted  




No comments:

Post a Comment