Saturday, January 11, 2014

Book Review: Enchantment by Charlotte Abel










BLURB


 
Channie Belks is trying to hide the fact she's a witch.

Sorta hard to do after her parents slap a chastity curse on her for flirting with "dirty-minded, non-magical, city-boys." She can't even walk by a hot guy without zapping him.

There's a way to break the curse; but one mistake could kill her. It's not worth the risk...until she meets a certain BMX champion named Josh.

Suddenly, the threat of death isn't such a deal-breaker.



 I give it 2 stars


 My Review


 
Enchantment started out as a solid three star book with four star potential. A mage family on the run from a blood feud, forced to flee a magical community and hide out in a place where magic isn't even believed in. It was an exciting concept and I really liked the way magic was handled. I also liked the characters and I was interested in finding out how Channie was going to handle living in a world so different from her own.


Then Channie met Josh and the book went downhill from there. All of sudden, the whole plot revolved around two teenagers trying to work their way around a curse so they could have sex. That's it. I couldn't even care that the more Channie tried to lift the curse, the worse she made things. She became possessive, whiny, jealous, and just an all around annoying character. And I didn't like Josh much either.


I was very disappointed with how this book ended up. I already have the sequel, so I guess I'll go ahead and read it in the hopes things might improve. But I'm not counting on it.


 
AMAZON


http://www.amazon.com/Enchantment-Magical-YA-Paranormal-Romance-ebook/dp/B0056P2MQ4/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1389466548&sr=1-1&keywords=enchantment+by+charlotte+abel



No comments:

Post a Comment