Friday, November 22, 2013

Flash Fiction Challenge

This week on Chuck Wendig's flash fiction challenge http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2013/11/22/flash-fiction-challenge-200-words-at-a-time-part-one/  we're supposed to write the first two hundred words of a story which someone (hopefully) will pick up next week and add their own two hundred words and so on and so forth until a thousand word story emerges. So here's mine.



ACCIDENTAL APOCALYPSE

 
When I shot Satan I thought it would be the end of Hell. What actually happened isn't my fault, really. Okay, maybe it is my fault, technically, but I think I deserve some leeway in the blame department on account of intent.

I was trying to do God a solid by getting rid of the Devil. See, I've been a fallen angel a really, really long time and it was starting to get old. So I thought, what the heck, I'll get back into the big guy's good graces by ridding humanity of the temptations of evil. Turn Earth back into Eden and all that. I didn't mean to start the Apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment