Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Book Review: Eona by Alison Goodman

Back Cover Blurb: Once she was Eon, a girl disguised as a boy, risking her life for the chance to become a Dragoneye apprentice. Now she is Eona, the Mirror Dragoneye, her country's savior - but she has an even more dangerous secret. She cannot control her power. Each time she tries, it twists into a killing force. And more destruction is on her trail - High Lord Sethon's army. She and her companions must find Kygo, the young Pearl Emperor, who needs Eona's power if he is to wrest back his throne. But to help him, she must drive a dark bargain with an old enemy, which could obliterate them all.


*WARNING: May contain spoilers*

This was amazing. I absolutely loved it. The characters are so wonderfully flawed, so real. In this sequel to Eon, Eona finds herself struggling against the corruption of power and a dark desire for a dangerous man. At first, Eona's attraction to Lord Ido really bothered me. I mean the guy tried to rape her and steal her dragon in the last book. But as I began to realize that it wasn't the man that was drawing her but the power they shared it didn't bother me as much. Plus, I like love triangles when they're done well and I thought this one was. Did Ido ever really care about Eona, or did he only want her power? I'm still not sure. I think maybe he loved her in his own twisted kind of way, but I could be wrong. Anyway, this is one of the best books I've ever read. I liked it so much that I didn't want to finish reading it because I didn't want it to end. I can't remember the last time I felt that way about a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment